Logical Processing (Thanks to Simon)
This is the second part on QlikView Joins. In this part, I have covered Inner Join in QlikView, Logical Understanding of the Inner Join and using Venn diagram.
Basic rules of Joins:
- Join Predicate in QlikView is Automatic i.e. Common field names between two tables
- If you have more than one common fields in both the tables then Join Predicate is performed based on distinct combination of values across these fields
- No field in common will render a Cartesian Product
- If you don’t specify the table name while Joining then QlikView implicitly consider the previously loaded logical table
- While Joining QlikView will always keep the first table name and ignoring the second table name
I hope this useful! Also, recommend you to particpate in QlikShare’s QlikView Question of the Day. I have posted some interesting QlikView Questions to challenge you!
Please note: You can change the quality of the video by changing the resolution to (1080P)HD. You can change this by using the setting button on the bottom right hand side of the video.