1. Qlik Luminary Lunch with Donald Farmer: It was great to meet fellow Qlik Luminaries for lunch with Donald Farmer. We had lunch at Claridge’s in Bond Street. As expected, Donald Farmer gave good insight behind QlikView.Next thinking. Great to meet fellow Luminaries like Stephen Redmond, Steve Dark, Matt Crowther, and Peter Crayfourd. Needless to say it was delicious food & ambience. Hopefully, we’ll have more events for Qlik Luminaries.
2. QlikView 11.20 SR6 is now available: For version 11.20, Service release 6 is available on community. This service release contains following changes:
- New languages – 3 new client languages have been added: (Korean, Traditional Chinese and Turkish)
- Desktop Startpage and Excel wizard – New design of startpage and Excel wizard to help new users to get started in a better way.
- Better support for Windows hybrid devices – Now it is possible to switch between Touch mode and Mouse/Pen mode on Windows hybrid devices by just touching/clicking.
- New Ajax repository design – The Ajax repository is re-designed to ensure better response times and make it easier to find objects when using the repository in large documents.
- Added support for Windows Server 2012 R2
- Supportability improvements
3. QVSource 1.5.3 Now Available: QVSource released version 1.5.3 with few updates and new connectors. They are now offering beta version of Dropbox Connector and Google BigQuery Connector. For more information please check their blog post.
4. Blog Post of the Week: “CALENDAR WITH FLAGS MAKING SET ANALYSIS SO VERY SIMPLE” by Richard Pearce on Qlik Central – This is my personal favourite blog post for this week. In this post, Richard provides next generation master calendar with various flags for point-in-time calculations. You can find the blog post and the sample QVW file in the below locations:
5. Variance in Q1 Actual vs Estimated Revenues: Qlik Technologies slightly missed Wall Street’s revenue forecast in its Q1 earnings report ($111M vs. $113M estimated.) But looking forward for QlikView.Next release and that make things very interesting.