1. Qlik acquired Data Market: Last week Qlik acquired “DataMarket”. DataMarket helps professionals find and understand the data. They bring complex and diverse data together in one place and one format so it can be searched, compared, visualized and shared – across teams, organizations or with the world. There is also a blog post on Qlik Community sharing the same information. Qlik didn’t disclose any information about how they will integrate DataMarket. My guess would be QlikSense consuming the data sets from DataMarket and providing SaaS.
2. Connector integrates Microsoft Dynamics NAV 2015 with QlikView and QlikSense: A connector that quickly integrates the latest version of Microsoft Dynamics NAV with the Qlik Business Discovery software will be presented at Convergence in Barcelona. prisma informatik, Microsoft Dynamics NAV Gold Partner located in Nuremberg, Germany, provides the certified NAVdiscovery Toolbox for connecting the ERP system with the Qlik solutions. It works for both QlikView and Qlik Sense, which has just been released.
3. Qlik Technologies Q3’14 Earnings Review: Qlik reported their Q3’14 revenue of $131.3M that is 26% year-over-year increase and $7.2M above analysts’ expectations and previous company guidance for $124.1M revenue.
- Qlik reported Q3’14 earnings results that beat analysts’ expectations and company’s outlook.
- The company slightly increased its 2014 full-year revenue outlook. However, foreign currencies loss drives lower EPS and operating profit outlook.
- Qlik’s ability to generate enough revenues from QlikSense, successfully introduce QlikView 12 and keep operational expenses at a reasonable level are real challenges to the company in 2015.
4. Blog post of the week – “Remove scrolling tabs from QlikView Chart Properties”: Thanks to Barry for posting very useful code snippet which removes scrolling in tabs from QlikView Chart Properties. Original code is provided by Resource Hacker. I’m sure every developer will embrace this feature.