“Knowledge cultivates your seeds and does not sow in your seeds.” – Khalil Gibran
In this first post – I’ll discuss various aspects of the interview questions. I’m sure some people like this approach for providing helpful hints and thought provoking questions, and others might dislike this approach because they feel it is nothing more than cheating. So I have decided not to post the answers here and I wanted to encourage the readers to find the answers. There is plenty of material available to find these answers through QlikView Training, Reference Guide, White Papers, QlikView Community and other QlikView Blogs. So I’d encourage you to make the effort of finding the answers and learn the concept. I’ll keep adding questions…so stay tuned. Happy learning! Please note : These are just potential questions and by no means these questions will help you to get a job or succeed in your role. I’d strongly encourage you to spend time to learn QlikView instead of depending on these questions. This is just my personal repository of Questions. Good luck!
QlikView Architecture :
- Optimized and unoptimized QVD Load Situations?
- Explain 3 tier architecture implementation while deploying QlikView application?
- Briefly explain how does QlikView storage the data internally?
- What are the restrictions of Binary Load?
- How are NULLS implemented in QlikView?
- How do you optimize QlikView Application? (What tools are used and where do you start?)
- What is the difference between Subset ratio & Information Density?
QlikView Scripting :
- What is the difference between ODBC, OLE DB & JDBC?
- What is the use of Crosstable prefix in QlikView Load Script?
- What is Mapping Load & ApplyMap() ?
- Synthetic Keys in QlikView and how & when to avoid them?
- Different flavours of Joins in QlikView?
- What is the difference between Join & Keep?
- How do you use Having clause (SQL Equivalent) along with Groupby in QlikView?
- Explain IntervalMatch function in QlikView?
- Explain Concatenation, No Concatenation & Auto Concatenation?
- Explain how to implement Incremental Load?
- What is Circular Loop and how do you avoid it?
- Explain Exists() function in QlikView and when do you use this function?
- What is Generic Load in QlikView?
QlikView Expression Language / UI :
- Explain Aggr Function?
- What is the use of FirstSortValue in QlikView?
- What are Set Modifiers and Set Identifiers?
- What is P() & E() and where do you use them?
- What is the difference between ValueList() and ValueLoop()?
- What is Partial Reload? and why do you use “ONLY” Qualifier?
- What is the difference between Cyclic Group & Drilldown Group?
- Explain alternate states and where do you use them?
QlikView Security :
- Describe Section Access architecture?
- What is the difference between Authentication & Authorization in QlikView? And how to implement them?
- What is the difference between File System Security vs Section Access?
- Explain “Strict Exclusion” while implementing Section Access and what are the implications of not using this option?
- How do you implement Section Access on hierarchy based data?
QlikView Server & Publisher :
- What are the multiple protocols defined for client communication with QVS?
- Explain different communication encryptions for Windows Client & AJAX Client?
- What is the use of Anonymous User Account in QVS?
- What are the different types of CALs and explain them?
- What are the different editions of QlikView Server?
- Difference between Star Schema & Snow Flake Schema?
- Difference between RDBMS & Associative Database?
- Ragged Hierarchies in Datawarehousing
- Explain EAV data modelling technique?
- What are slowly changing dimensions?